If you’re asking yourself “How can I be happy again“, you can always turn to one of my old faithful options, the happy thoughts list.
To date, the simple happy thoughts list is still one of the most powerful and effective experiments I’ve conducted on this website so far.
Tonight I’m feeling a bit glum as I had a long day and you can feel the first tiny breath of fall in the air, so I should take my own good advice and make a list of happy thoughts!
So, three things for tonight that are making me happy:
Firstly, I’ve been getting enough done that I can relax without the faintest trace of any guilt. It’s nice to know you’re not neglecting anything. There’s nothing wrong with relaxing, but sometimes that feeling of relaxing when everything is done can be extra special.
Secondly, my wife just called on her way home and offered to pick up chocolate for us both. Sometimes the little thoughtful moments are what makes a relationship spectacular!
And lastly, sometimes you stumble across the music for the mood you’re in right when you need it. The little bit of TV I watched tonight gave me exactly what I needed. I give you, the song that plays hope on this somewhat downer of a night:
Well, normally I’d be jumping into another experiment now, but I’m in the midst of cleaning up a lot of stuff (both on the site and in my house) so I’m going to postpone the next experiment by another week and continue to do some thinking.
After all, as I promised myself earlier, I need to learn to give myself slack on occasion.
1. New Friends and Food: There’s always something special about meeting new people over food. It’s like you have a bond. And when you discover new food as part of the bargain, it’s an extra bonus!
2. Nice weather: Weather is like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. There’s too hot, too cold, and so rarely just right. However, today was a nice day and I got a lovely walk in before the rain, so I’m happy I got to enjoy the weather, as summer so often flies right by.
3. Leftover Cookies: Because, come on, there is no such thing as a leftover fresh baked cookie, there are just cookies I haven’t yet had the chance to enjoy! *grin*
In an interesting bit of symmetry, I had the opportunity to attend the wedding of a friend yesterday, and today I celebrate my first wedding anniversary.
A year ago at about this time, I had just said my vows to my beautiful wife. A year later, I’m even happier than I was before. Life is good and I feel blessed.
So, no big blog entry today, just a simple one. Take today to remind yourself why you enjoy life. Remember how to nap, or go out with people you don’t see enough and get memories to put on your happy thoughts list.
Well, it has been a while since I’ve written another happy thoughts list. However, today was one of those days where I got reminded about how fantastic life was and how much I had to be thankful for. So, I think it’s about time again!
Here are my happy thoughts for today:
Awesome friends: They really do make the world go round. I have some incredible friends that help keep me balanced and sane and I love them all.
Happy Surprises: Sometimes, you the waiting list of the universe flips upside down on you and you get things far more quickly and easily than you thought you would. It’s not vital to get things quickly, but it can be a pleasant surprise when you push at what you feel is a wall and find out it’s a door instead!
Twitter: In a busy world, it’s such a simple way to reach out to people who make my life a better place!
1. Chasing fears until it spits out opportunity: Lately I’ve been facing a few things that I’m scared of. I was facing a choice where I could chase fear or flee it. So far signs are pointing that I’ve made the right choice.
2. Leftover Swiss Chard: I was worried that it would have spoiled, but I have some swiss chard in the fridge that is still good for making baked swiss chard chips!
3. The chance to get to bed early: After this week so far, I need it!
Today was a random day off, a carry forward from working over last weekend.
It was a mixed day, but a good one. There are three happy thoughts for the day related to productivity.
1. Just start something: Often, the hardest part about being productive is just getting started. It can be tough, and there’s a lot of resistance to overcome, but once you take that first step, you might find that the rest of whatever you’re doing is easier than you thought!
2. One productive hour can save an entire day: It can be tempting to write off a bad day, but we often overlook the fact that a single good hour can often save an entire day. So, before you give up on your entire day, see if you can set aside a single hour of time, without interruptions. You might be surprised at how much you can do!
3. Value yourself: I recently had someone I respect a lot talk to me about putting a value on my own work and experience. It wasn’t an easy thing to hear, but I needed to hear it. Very few of us are good at this, but you should start by making a list of your skills – you might find out that the job market values your skills more highly than you do!
Today, I could put together a happy thoughts list, but I have one happy thought of the day that I like to focus on.
You might not be able to see him so clearly in the picture, but that’s a little chipmunk sitting in the middle of a driveway. I love spring when you see all the animals come out. It really brings a new sense of live to the world around you.
Keep your eyes open, you might be astonished at all the life you see around you!